Join us with special guest teacher Cathy Plato as we learn about a plant-based diet and lifestyle, and how it can improve your health and the planet. This class is for people who want to knowhow to switch to a plant-based diet and eliminate dairy and/or meat, and for those who want to understand friends and family members on a vegetarian or vegan diet. In this informative workshop, you will learn:
- The difference between vegetarian and vegan
- Why people become vegetarian or vegan
- How to make simple and tasty meals
- How to get protein and nutrients into your diet
- Where to dine out as a vegetarian or vegan
- Where to find delicious transition foods
- Is this new diet costly?
- Local resources
Cathy Plato is a yoga and Pilates teacher. She opened the first yoga studio in Katy, taught health-related classes to thousands of students, and trained teachers at all levels from around the globe.
Yoga encourages good health and diet, so Cathy transitioned from eating meat and dairy to only plant-based foods. She teaches how she did it with passion, good humor, and respect for "where you are now."
$25 at the door