1:30 PM - Ages 4-9 Years of Age
$5.00 per child (if parent a member)
$8.00 per child (if parent non-member)
Go to the Class Schedule to find scheduled Kids Yoga classes.
Our Kids Yoga class provides a great way for your child to unwind after a long of school and activities. In a non-competitive and nurturing environment, your child will practice fun asana sequences, play fun and challenging yoga-style games, learn simple partner poses, learn breath skills & techniques for self-calming and stress relief.
Thematic ideas will be introduced through discussion, play and art. This class provides a fun-filled way to cultivate self-esteem and body awareness. Yoga style games refine co-operation and listening skills which are essential for success in school.
Your children will develop strong minds and bodies while learning to release tension and relax - this helps keep the spirit bright!
“For children, who are the custodians of each nation in particular and the whole world at large, I feel Yoga is the essential product of the twenty first century to lead them to a perfect physical health and mental well-being.” B.K.S IYENGAR
BENEFITS OF YOGA
- Strengthens core musculature and Support overall physical Fitness.
- Balance the nervous system. Reduced Stress.
- Support self-regulation and sensory processing.
- Enhances speech and language Abilities.
- Supports sequencing and motor-planning skills.
- Support creativity and Imagination.
- Enhances Self awareness and Esteem/Encourages shifting one’s attention inward.
- Improves communication, boundaries and social skills.
- Integrates the two hemispheres of the brain.
- Support the overall learning process